As of 2016, Facebook is the world's most popular social networking site. One scroll down your Facebook news feed can update you on politics, sports, entertainment, pop culture, and the daily lives of your friends. As more and more people across the globe create a Facebook account, here are 6 facts about Facebook we think you should be privy to.
1. Facebook gains 8 new users per second. That's 7,246 new Facebook users every 15 minutes. Aside from being by far the largest and most popular social networking site on the planet, Facebook is still growing every day.
2. In 2015, 22% of worldwide advertising revenue went to Facebook. To put it simply, about one fourth of all income from internet advertising in the world went to Facebook.
3. Two million advertisers are active on Facebook. This is because of Facebook's massive popularity, as well as the cost-effectiveness of ads on the site. Thanks to these factors, Facebook has become one of the leading online advertising platforms in the world.
4. 10 pm to 11 pm EST is the most popular time on Facebook. Posts published at this time get 88% more interactions than posts published throughout the rest of the day.
5. Facebook loves videos. The average Facebook video receives 89.5 shares, which is tremendously more than text-based posts or photos. The latter of these is still far more popular than text-based posts, however, garnering 39% more attention on average.
6. Shorter is better. Most people aren't willing to read through a lengthy essay in their Facebook feed - it's far more likely that they will simply scroll past it. Facebook posts that stay below 250 characters earn 60% more engagement than longer posts.
We hope you can use these 6 Facebook facts to your advantage. If you need any help using Facebook for your marketing needs, please contact us.
We Believe In StrategyB4Tactics